Friday, September 27, 2013

Still Sick

I thought I would go though some pictures this morning to entertain myself while I'm bed-ridden and I stumbled upon an old project I did.

Upon becoming gluten intolerant I was having a huge mental break down every time I had to find food because I could no longer eat what was comforting to me(for those of you who don't know what gluten intolerance is I will get violently ill if I eat any wheat/flour/breads/pasta unless made with a rice flour or substitute for wheat). Every night at dinner I would feel horrible and wouldn't want to eat anything because I would be depressed about my diet changes that had to occur.

I then decided to create a meal calendar where I could write down food choices which I know are acceptable for me and have my dinners schedules throughout the week, that way come dinner time I wasn't a starving mess that didn't want to eat anything. I had seen a similar looking one at a friends house which inspired me to get creative with it.


Its really a simple project, I bought all the supplies from my local Michael's Arts and Crafts store
The board itself is one of the Elmer's foam core boards(a little bit larger than 8.5x11)
First I bought a large book comprised of different scrap book papers to use
I hot glued the papers onto the board(to clean up the edge between the top paper and the bottom I used that burlap ribbon and hot glue'd that sucker on there)
I then used sharpie to write on the mini clothespins I bought, labeling them by week date
I got that small envelope(holding all the dinner cards) from the scrapbook section as well as all the stickers
At the end of this all I wanted it hanging up, so I hot glued some magnets to the back of the board(probably would have been easier starting off with this)


And its really that easy, all you need is scrap book paper, ribbon of your choice, clothespins, and you can even get creative and make an envelope origami style if you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment