Tuesday, October 1, 2013

DIY Message Board

On my trip to target I found a cheap frame on sale that was 17x11(perfect for two standard 8.5x11 papers). Of course I had to have it, so it came home with me and I got to thinking of how to create a cheap message board that looked cute and matched my style)


I started by finding a design that inspired me for the top half of the frame, I chose the Peace Elephant from Shepard Fairey's line of amazing prints. It is a beautiful photo, and being an artist I LOVE his work so much(he has caused my horrible addiction with his retail clothing line that I'm also in love with) 


Make sure when your printing that you set your printer to print without any white border(my cannon will only do this on thicker paper such as the matte photo paper I'm currently using)


Then find a lovely piece of scrap book paper that is light enough and not too dizzy(we want to write over this part)


Cut the paper down to 8.5x11 and pop it into the frame to enjoy and write on. I am currently using sharpies with a Mr.Clean magic eraser to wipe the messages off, works perfectly. 


I think it fits rather nicely with my decor I already have in the entryway.

No comments:

Post a Comment